WriteOnCon is an amazing online writers’ conference. I have had the pleasure to get such great feedback, feedback I really needed so please check it out.
The conference starts tomorrow with these events:
MONDAY, AUGUST 13:
8:30 AM, EST: Picture book query submissions open. Author Emma Walton Hamilton will be critiquing and offering advice/feedback. Open for 20 hours, so don’t rush! 50 will be selected using random.org.
10:00 AM, EST: Literary agent Peter Knapp YA/MG Pitch Critique submissions open. Open for 20 hours, so don’t freak out! 50 pitches will be selected using random.org
10:00 AM, EST: Building Better Sentences submissions open. Author Gennifer Albin will critique the FIRST 100 WORDS of your manuscript. Submissions will remain open until we receive 100 entries, and Gennifer will select 10 randomly to showcase for her event on Wednesday, August 15.
12:00 PM, EST: Picture book stanza submissions open. Authors Corey Rosen Schwartz and Tiffany Strelitz Haber will be critiquing and offering advice/feedback. Submissions are open for 21 hours, and 20 entries will be selected using random.org.
(The passage below is taken from WriteOnCon’s website)
What the Ninjas will do:
1. Each Ninja Agent will be in the forum for at least one hour (some have multiple slots). You won’t know who, and you won’t know when…that’s the beauty of a ninja. They strike when you’re least expecting it.
2. Ninja Agents have been encouraged to leave feedback—as detailed or as vague as they want—on as many queries as they can. They can also request from the queries they read.
We are announcing who the Ninja Agents are, but not when they’ll be Ninja-ing or who’s who. So Ninja Agent Pink could be any of the following….
Our Ninjafied Nunchuckatorians are:
- Anita Mumm with Nelson Literary
- Roseanne Wells with Jennifer DeChiara Literary
- Pamela van Hylckama Vlieg with Larsen-Pomada
- Cheryl Pientka with Jill Grinberg Literary
- Suzie Townsend with New Leaf Literary
- Alycia Tornetta, editor with Entangled Publishing
- Lara Perkins with Andrea Brown Literary
- Stacy Abrams, editor with Entangled Publishing
- Rhoda Belleza, editor with Paper Lantern Literary
- Peter Knapp with Park Literary
- Danielle Barthel with New Leaf Literary
- Patricia Riley, editor with Spencer Hill Press
- Danielle Ellison, editor with Spencer Hill Press
- Jessica Sinsheimer with Sarah Jayne Freymann Literary Agency
So go check it out and enjoy! While you are there stop by and look at my query 🙂 I’ll be blogging about the conference whenever I can.